IVISYS’ Bin Pick & Check Inspector is a combination of an automatic bin picking application mixed with an accurate object inspection. Utilizing the same robot, you can pick items for further handling and make a visual inspection in one automated operation.
This video show such system in action. An item is picked from a bin, inspected and placed it to one of two bins, depending on the outcome of the inspection. In this case, the inspection can sort according to quality or other features found by the inspection camera:
It is always good to shield the vision camera from external light. It results in a more reliable working solution. For this purpose, the system is delivered with an enclosure:
How it works
It is a collaboration in a 3-step manner:
1) Firstly, a robot arm grabs an object from a stack of an arbitrarily placed object in a bin.
2) Secondly, the robot arm presents the object to a camera for inspection. The robot arm can turn the object to perform multiple inspections or look for defects in very specific areas. But the robot arm can also place the object in a temporary holder just to grab it again – this time in a specific manner.
3) Thirdly, the robot arm can transfer the object on to next manufacturing step, places it in some order or sorts it into multiple bins.
A further advantage with this robot inspection is that the object to be inspected can be positioned for a perfect examination in front of the camera. This opens up the possibility to do very specific inspection which is not possible it item just lies flat on a table.
Object size and weight limitations apply to the robot arm chosen. The same is also the case with how far the arm can reach. Please, consult us for a realistic assessment of the automation and robot required.
Why should you automate your quality control?
First – quality control is not only a mean to supply products that meet customer requirement.
Quality inspection if conducted diligently also significantly reduces waste and increases profit.
Manual inspection only reduces the number of failed products by 15% at the best. Furthermore, critical inspections are tiresome, and the staff should be rotated at regular intervals to keep their senses sharp.
Automatic inspection, on the other hand, is a tireless, objective, consistent and a fast method to achieve instantly better results. Combined with a Bin Pick solution here, the system offers a highly valued solution to an automated production.
The system comes with:
– The camera and light in an enclosure that shields from external light
– IVISYS Pro vision software for fast inspection
– A Microsoft based powerful PC
– A touchscreen monitor for operating the system and viewing the inspection
– Output for an acoustic alarm or other function
– Log of start/stop, passed/failed and error type
The following available options expand the basic capability of the system further:
– Multiple cameras for multiple angles/surfaces
– Color Imaging (color is involved in inspection)
– Other robot solutions. We can cooperate with many different Bin-picking solutions. However, only with a Universal Robot and Scape Technologies we can say it is a standard solution. Other robot cells or Bin-Pick solutions will require projecting the solution at additional cost. That is also valid when selecting a gripper solution for the robot.
– OCR function to read of the objects (like serial numbers or type)
– Barcode function to read barcodes of the objects
– Additional output control (like PLC we can control other functions)
– Customized reports (if customer requests reports/logs in a specific way)
Could ‘Bin Pick & Check’ solve problems for you?
Let’s find out! Please, feel free to ask us a question.