Surface inspection of finished flat surfaces
The IVISYS inspection system for coated surfaces, facilitates both sheet and coil material. Using a high-resolution camera the system inspects the surface for discoloration or holidays found in the applied coating.
The result of the inspection as an alarm can draw the attention to the finishing station and and its setup, or to automatically mark the coil for known defect area along its length.
3 Reasons Why
– Automatic inspection is the only alternative to no inspection
– In-line system also handling roll to roll material
– Real-time view, alarm and logging of found imperfections
A 2.200 meter long and 600mm wide aluminum coil is coated here with base and top coat – on both surfaces. The in-line inspection monitors the coating process in terms of surface coverage (holidays or larger pinholes) at speeds of 45m/min.
These coils represent a significant cost just the meta it selves. Making sure the surface is coated correctly has therefore a similar significant value as the product continues along the value chain.
The system is perfect for any inspection of a flat product where surface quality is determined by the shade of a colour. Some types of finish pose more challenge than others, but send a sample and let us be challenged. Higher processing speeds are possible with more systems working in parallel.
How it works
The system takes detailed images of the surface at high speed. The type light and the colour is essential is this applications. The analysis looks for density in the image, why the contrast between top-coat and background plays a significant role. Blemishes down to 0,1% of the camera view can be identified.
The system continuously monitors the surface and issues both an alarms as well as logs the data (location of sheet or coil). The output of the system can be used to mark the coated material, indicating areas where the surface has failed.
A system with two cameras can analyze two independent surfaces or a wider area, all depending on the final speed and accuracy demanded.
Why should you automate your quality control?
For surface coating, manually inspection of continues rolls and at such speeds is impossible, and an automatic system is the only practical solution. Also when coating of sheets or individual products, manual inspection of surfaces is hard when dealing with finish quality.
Automatic inspection, on the other hand is a tireless, objective, consistent and a faster method to achieve instantly error-free results. Keeping an eye on the product quality offers a multitude of advantages.
– This is a complete and fully operational system
– Camera and specific chosen light
– A cabinet to shield the setup from external light
– Our advanced IVISYS Pro vision software
– A Microsoft™ based PC
– A touch screen monitor for operating the system and viewing the inspection in real-time
– Output for alarm function
– Log/report of inspected and found deviations
The mounting of the system is at customer’s discretion. If special fixtures or other mechanical systems are needed, the cost and implementation of these are invoiced separately.
The following available options expand the basic capability of the system further:
– Extra box, camera and light for more surface to check
– Multiple cameras for added accuracy or surface
– Additional output control (to control more external functions)
– Customized reports (according to specific customer request)
Could ‘Coating Check’ solve problems for you?
Let’s find out! Please, feel free to ask us a question.