IVISYS Bracket Inspection offers a fast inspection of stamped, welded, machined or cut parts. Besides metal, they can also be of other material like plastic, cardboard or wood. As long as the part and the defect is clearly visible from a camera – we will find the error.
Here is an inspection of brackets produced by a supplier to the automotive industry.
The system is applicable to a wide range of similar inspection cases. Parts
To check for attached items like bolt or nuts, Verify assemblies, compare shapes or check if all items in a packaging are present before it is shipped off.
How it works
The system consists of an inspection enclosure that can be placed on a table or above a conveyor. At the press of a key (or activated by a sensor), the system captures an image of the object and replies “passed” or “failed”. The inspection can be a comparison of an image with a “correct” object.
Like a regular camera, the system needs to be positioned and focused according to the size of the object. Ranging from typically between 20 to 2000 mm. The defect should be larger than 0,1 % of the area we are inspecting.
To help in positioning the object, a fixture is offered optionally to help the user position items easier in front of the camera.
When system is mounted above a conveyor the objects should be oriented the same way for the defect to be found.
Why should you automate your quality control?
First – quality control is not only a mean to manufacture products that meet customer requirement. Quality inspection if conducted diligently also significantly reduces waste and therefore increases profit.
Manual inspection only reduces the number of failed products by 15% at the best. Furthermore, critical inspections are tiresome, and the staff should be rotated at regular intervals to keep their senses sharp.
Automatic inspection, on the other hand, is a tireless, objective, consistent and a fast method to achieve instantly better results. It is also the perfect candidate for collecting valuable statistical data and documenting the process in order to offer a good Return on Investment.
– The system comes with the camera and light in an enclosure
– IVISYS Pro vision software for fast inspection
– A Microsoft based powerful PC
– A touch screen monitor for operating the system and viewing the inspection
– Output for an acoustic alarm or other purpose
– Log of start/stop, passed/failed and error type
The following available options expand the basic capability of the system further:
– Additional cameras to cover other areas (blind angles)
– Color Imaging (color is involved in inspection)
– Fixture for easy manual position of object below the camera (one per type)
– Additional output control functions (like PLC we can control other operations)
– Customized reports (if customer requests reports in a specific way)
Could ‘Verification Station’ solve problems for you?
Let’s find out! Please, feel free to ask us a question.