Our Inline AI in short
The Inline AI is a system for inline inspection of most surfaces such as metal, rubber, cloth etc. The Web AI comes with high resolution cameras and specialized lighting that enables various techniques for in-line marking of errors. The Web AI can suppress clatter such as patterns, color variations etc. to provide a reliable inspection by collecting real-time data for increased production improvements.
Defects our Inline AI can detect.
– By using high tech solutions such as high-speed cameras, the system can find numerous types of surface flaws, independent of position and background noise.
– The Web AI monitors the surface to detect flaws. Examples of flaws could be colour variations or coating (lack of coverage or excess coverage), breakage or other types of flaws at speeds up to 50m/min as standard.
– The system can handle variation in web position, both sideways as well as vertical movements.
Things our Inline AI can do.
– High resolution cameras and specialized lightning Inline inspection of all surfaces (metal, rubber, cloth etc.)
– Optional in-line marking of errors.
– The technology enables data driven improvements, line optimization, product quality improvement in addition to inspection of top and bottom of the material.
The way our Inline AI works.
Web inspection using our high-resolution cameras and specialized lighting that enables various techniques for in-line marking of errors. The in-line inspection monitors the previous production processes in terms of surface flaws.
The system continuously monitors the surface, and in the event of an error issues an alarm, logging the incident (location of web as an x,y position). The output of the system can be used to mark the material, indicating areas where the surface has flaws.
The analysis looks for any contrast variation in the image, which is why the contrast between topcoat and background is important to control and analyze. Flaw sizes down to 0.1% of the camera view can be identified.
Let’s deep dive into our Inline AI.
The Web AI solution comes with cameras and special light components with a cabinet to shield the setup from external light, and shadows. The software is developed by us at IVISYS and provides detailed information that can be analyzed and summarized in reports to be used to increase uptime, efficiency, prevent failures and maintenance.
The Web AI processor inside the dedicated electrical cabinet is the heart of the solution and comes with several possibilities for output and alarm functions. Log/report of inspected and found deviations are available and the solution is managed with a touch screen monitor for operating the system and viewing the inspection in real-time.
Multiple cameras can be added to increase accuracy and cover several areas and surfaces.
The system is easily applied to various batch lengths and can inspect both the upper and lower side of the web simultaneously. The in-line inspection monitors the previous production processes in terms of surface flaws. The result of the inspection can be an alarm that can draw the attention to the finishing station, or a signal to mark the web where the flaw is found.